A Morning in the Dairy Weekday short classes/ cheese making experiences
We are completely thrilled that the Guardian has listed us as one of the top foodie courses in the UK - read it here
Due to demand we are pleased to launch a range of short cheese making classes and experiences from November 2021.
Classes will include our popular A morning/afternoon in the dairy a full on immersive experience where, certainly in the South East, where you can see the cheese making process from start to finish up close and even get involved in the making. The session starting at 11am or 11.30am (will be confirmed on the booking receipt) and lasting approximately 2.5 hours, will allow you to see the entire cheese making process from end to end with the opportunity to get your hands in and help make our Rebellion or St Bruce Cheese - you will leave with a 300g cheese to mature at home. Full care instructions will be provided.
We will also be offering our popular Make your own Halloumi class
In this 2.5 hour experience we guide you through every step of the process all the way from cold milk through to the delicious end product. You will go home with around a kilo of cheese ready for your tea. Traditional halloumi is made adding dried mint but if you want to spice it up your way then you are welcome to bring your own favourite herbs to add to your cheese
This course is a fun mix of practical cheese making, a bit of theory and cheese nibbling. We will supply all the equipment you need, you just show up and enjoy.
For group bookings please call Keith 07984098629
Each session will include -
- Tea, Coffee and biscuits on arrival
- A brief overview of the cheese making process
- Milk comparison exercise (tasting supermarket milk vs farm milk)
- Making either Halloumi or for the dairy experience - Rebellion or St Bruce Cheese, this will include warming the milk, adding the cultures and rennet, breaking the curds and whey and removing the curds from the vat then finally moulding the cheese.
- lots of cheese tasters
- Question and answer session
- Halloumi to take home or ( for the dairy experience A 300g freshly made cheese to take home with you to mature (cheese will be ready in 4-6 weeks) or a ready to eat cheese.
Please check below for classes and dates.
Sue Wollard, organiser of a recent group visit said:
'I have had amazing feedback from the Group! Thanks so much for looking after them so well – they had a wonderful time. They are all hooked on your cheese and will be regular customers in the Market! Tell Chris to watch out for them'