“The moon is made of cheese lets eat on our way to the stars”: Philip Wilton ‘the urban cheese maker’
Welcome to Wildes Cheese. It is really nice to see you.
Wildes Cheese is a small award winning independent artisan cheese making company based in the heart of the city on an industrial estate in London. We are passionate about quality and provenance and have created our own range of cheeses rather than reproduce other cheeses. We bring to our range a fresh choice of flavours and textures for our customers. To do this we create our own recipes using the amazing milk from a single herd of Jersey cows that graze the fields of the Lune Valley in Lancashire. We use vegetarian rennet, time, and a whole lot of love and passion.
Wildes Cheese was started in June 2012 when its owner (and soon to be the head cheese maker) was made redundant from his job as a management consultant. Wildes Cheese started in the kitchen before being moving into a small garage space on a North London industrial estate. We are now in bigger premises and continue spreading our enthusiasm for cheese through a fabulous range of retailers and restaurants, our market stalls, online shop and through our cheese making courses.
I am often asked why did you start making cheese “because its pure magic, a form of alchemy; you take a ubiquitous product like milk and then with a little sprinkling of magic and months later you have cheese; mild cheese, strong cheese, blue cheese, hard cheese or soft – it’s a wow!” The next question is usually why London and why Tottenham “well Tottenham is our home, this is where we live; this is where our friends live. And we are proud to make our cheese in this corner of North London.
What we do:
- We make a range of own recipe artisan handmade cheeses
- We offer a bespoke cheese making service to companies that wish to have their own cheese
- We offer a range of cheese making classes at our micro dairy in Tottenham – we fling open our dairy doors and show the world a truly immersive and fun experience of cheese making
- We make a range of Cheese wedding/celebration cakes and offer a fantastic experience that could include making your own cheese
- Events – we provide canapes, cheese platters and whole and cut cheese for events across London – clients include Universal Music, City Hall, Maille
- Bespoke classes/team building – we are pleased to offer private hire of our micro dairy for private bespoke classes, corporate team building days or even just for a fun group session – these have included Hen Party’s, 50th Birthdays, Family gatherings. Please contact us to discuss your event. Clients include: Soho House Group, Middle Temple, Societe Generale, HSBC, Unilever
Our cheeses are available from the dairy, various farmers markets, deli’s and featured on many London restaurant menus.
We are thrilled to have worked in collaboration on projects with:
- Coutts Bank – Tommy Hilfiger – The Shard – Nike
- Beavertown Brewery – Redemption Brewery – Brewdog
- American Express – Borough Market – Maille
- Notes Coffee – London Union – Universal Music
- The Balvenie – Michel Roux Jnr – Reuters
The Guardian listed our cheese making courses as one of the top ten food courses in the UK. Our Ellis cheese was suggested by the Independent to be one of 8 cheeses to have on your Christmas Cheeseboard 2015
- Michel Roux Jr. meets Wildes Cheese – The Film
- The Man Who Spent a Fortune on Cheese – CNN
- James Martin Home Comforts – BBC1
- Recipe from Home Comforts
- Featured in ‘Food Junkies’ made by Fresh One TV and shown on London Live
- Recorded Pilot TV show (cheese based) – Princess TV
- Finalist – Artisan Cheese Producer of the Year – Great British Cheese Awards 2016
- Awarded a Bronze Medal at the World Cheese Awards for Alexandra in November 2014
- Winner of London’s Favourite Cheese as voted for by the Mayor of London Boris Johnston as part of the Urban Food Awards, September 2015
- Finalist in the YBFs 2015
- Slow Food London Cheesemonger of the Year 2015 – Runner up
We love to chat so please feel free to contact us if you would like more information.