A Morning or Afternoon in the Dairy
We are completely thrilled that the Guardian has listed us as one of the top foodie courses in the UK - read it here
We are proud to continue to offer our very successful 'Morning in the Dairy' cheese making experience. This is the only dairy, certainly in the South East, where you can see the cheese making process up close and even get involved in the making. The morning, starting at 11am or 11.30am (will be confirmed on the booking receipt) and lasting approximately 2.5 hours, will allow you to see the entire cheese making process from end to end with the opportunity to get your hands in and help make our Rebellion or St Bruce Cheese - you will leave with a 300g cheese to mature at home or a ready to eat cheese. Full care instructions will be provided.
The full programme includes:
- Tea, Coffee and biscuits on arrival
- A brief overview of the cheese making process
- Milk comparison exercise (tasting supermarket milk vs farm milk)
- Making Rebellion or St Bruce Cheese, this will include warming the milk, adding the cultures and rennet, breaking the curds and whey and removing the curds from the vat then finally moulding the cheese.
- lots of cheese tasters
- Question and answer session
- A 300g freshly made cheese to take home with you to mature (cheese will be ready in 4-6 weeks) or a ready to eat cheese.
Price per person £45
Looking to book a private group visit? Please contact us email@example.com or call us on 07984 098629
'Dear Keith and Philip,
Just wanted to thank you both once again for the delightful morning with you this week. We were blown away by your generosity. My mum is enjoying her box of cheese and we are savouring every morsel of our Napier and Rebellion. Whey made an excellent fruit soda bread for breakfast today.
All the best.
Sarah, Claire and Hazel'
If you have a booking and are feeling unwell please contact us, we will help rearrange.
Sue Wollard, organiser of a recent group visit said:
'I have had amazing feedback from the Group! Thanks so much for looking after them so well – they had a wonderful time. They are all hooked on your cheese and will be regular customers in the Market! Tell Chris to watch out for them'